Sunday, August 15, 2010

arcade fire. love.

i'm back at my favorite restaurant working this week. come visit me at mellow mushroom. :)

video of the week:
anyone remember this gal and guy? they're pomplamoose. she made the mj cover beat it, and this is one of my favorites.


food of the week:
in austria, after i saw the wondrous art work of gustav klimt we went and got bratwurst. oh my, it was delicious. mine had cheese in it, and i dipped them in mustard.

book of the week:
while i'm home and not in school i'm going to be working on my portfolio alot. i got a few books from the library and this is one of my favorites, it's called 'painting people: figure drawing today'. it has some amazing work in it, and it's an interesting read.





car of the week:
the first stop we made in austria we stopped at a gas station beside some beautiful mountains. parked there was a brilliant old car.



art of the week:

these simple illustrations are by katie vernon.
i just love the flowers





































musician(s) of the week:
sufjan stevens. i'm sure you know who that is, or at least i hope you do. he is an incredible musician. anyway, he is TOURING. i'm going to see him in november. i can not describe my excitement.
watch.
and watch, i bet you'll recognize this song.
creation of the week:
so i made a record journal for each of my sisters, hannah and chandler. and now i'm working on one for my friend ben who's on a mission for my church. and i plan to make some more for friends and for gifts. it's really not that hard to make, what takes the longest is make the pages.












blog/website of the week:



http://www.booooooom.com/
this was a blog created by an artist in vancouver, just to get people all over the world excited about art and being creative. and it's worked. i look and am inspired every day.

shoe of the week:

i love these shoes. i've wanted them since i was 16. they're rainbow, onitsuka tiger, asics. they don't really exist anymore, although i did find some on ebay for $100....rough.













side note of the week:
i am still not unpacked and i've been home for a month. i'm in the guest room, one bed is for sleeping, the other bed houses my suitcases and every piece of clothing i own. it's a bit ridiculous. but i'm still just happy to be home.

1 comment:

Danna said...

i love those shoes too! Those sausages looked amazing and did you get the idea for the record books at Urban? I'm pretty sure I saw them there! Super awesome.